An short history of the Seagram Lofts and how they came to form a focal point at the end of Willis Way in Uptown Waterloo
Contemporary heritage: Five years after its construction, the University of Waterloo's intriguing nano-technology building continues to both inspire and reflect the cutting edge research within.
A retrospective look at the corner of King and Erb, one of the City’s most photographed intersections. Our journey starts in the 1850s when King Street was known as “the Great Road”, Erb Street was called “Erb’s Road”, and both were little more than dirt tracks carved out of the landscape.
Throughout the City of Waterloo there are monuments, plaques and installations that pay homage to the citizens and industry that helped make Waterloo what it is today. One of these is the replica of Abraham Erb’s Grist Mill, which was constructed in 1997 as a tribute to the City’s first industry.
Emmanuel United Church at 22 Bridgeport (Cedar) Road West, has played and continues to play a vital role in Uptown Waterloo, specifically for the MacGregor/Albert neighbourhood. It has been a house of worship and offered programs to many residents in the neighbourhood and city for many years.
Tanner, business owner, historian, amateur botanist, archeologist, photographer, educator, local champion, council member, and member of Berlin’s (Kitchener’s) 29th Militia Regiment: this was Jacob Gaukel Stroh (1848-1935).
Stories from the MacGregor/Albert Heritage Conservation District: 35 Central St and Woldemar Neufeld
Local artist, Woldemar Neufeld, lived at 35 Central Street after fleeing with his family from the USSR in 1924.