Skip to content

Brewmeister’s Green Fountain

This fountain is located in what is now called Brewmeister’s Green Park, at the corner of King Street South and William Street. The land was set aside as a public square in 1855 through the John Hoffman survey and has been a public park ever since.

The fountain, originally constructed ca. 1900, was replaced in 1950 after it fell into disrepair. In the 1990s, City staff rediscovered the fountain under shrubbery and rocks, and restored it in 1994.



First picture: the fountain as it appears today. (Source: Ellis Little Local History Room, Waterloo Public Library)


Children wade in the fountain ca. 1920 (Source: City of Waterloo Museum)